NWCAA EVALUATION UPDATES
The U13 Evaluations will begin on Aug 28, 2021 with Goalie Skills Evaluation and then into game play. All sessions will be held at the Winsport Arenas.
The U15 Evaluations will begin on Aug 20, 2021 with 2008 Checking Learning sessions. Then Goalie Evaluations will begin on Aug 21, 2021.
The U16 Evaluations will begin with Goalie Evaluations on Aug 22, 2021, then game play.
Evaluation will be held at Winsport arenas for U15 and U16 from Aug 20 thru to Aug 27. Please check you corresponding age group tab for schedules and evaluation team rosters.
The U18 Evaluations will begin on Aug 28, 2021 with Goalie Skills Evaluation and then into game play. All sessions will be held at the Winsport Arenas.
Evaluation will be held at Winsport arena for U13 and U18 from Aug 28, thru to Sept 2. Please check you corresponding age group tab for schedules and evaluation team rosters.
There will be no scheduled ice session or practices on the long weekend September 3 to 6, 2021
In a typical year we do not communicate directly with families, but this is such an unprecedented time with Covid-19. There is a lot of information to share. There are AHS protocols and Facility protocols that we must all follow. These have been put in place to ensure the safety of all our players, families and volunteers. We have also posted the complete NWCAA 20/21 Evaluation Timeline and Processes on our website for you to review.
We would like to list a few of the very key points for you and your player to follow:
- There will be no spectators allowed in the facility at any time during the evaluation process. If you are found within the facility, you and your player will be asked to leave the premisses immediately.
- All players must check in at the Player Entrance of WinSport Arena D. We will have a registration table outside of the arena. Players must bring a completed covid-19-daily-checklist. Arrive no more than 30 minutes prior to your ice time.
- Players must arrived dressed in all their gear.
- Players must wear masks before and after the tryout sessions while in the facility.
- Shower facilities are not available.
- Players will go directly to the dressing room and they must remain in the dressing room until the ice time begins.
- After each tryout session players will have 10 to 15 min to remove their skates and exit the building.
- CHECK TRYOUT ROSTERS DAILY AS IT IS POSSIBLE FOR THEM TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
The NWCAA wish the best of luck to all players in their journey to earn a spot in quadrant hockey.
IMPORTANT *NEW* RESPECT IN SPORT (“RIS”) RE-CERTIFICATION
Players will NOT be permitted to step on the ice for tryouts if parents have not completed the RIS re-certification.
Please review the RIS information on the home page of the NWCAA website. Parents that completed the RIS course prior to January 2017 must re-certify prior to tryouts. Parent RIS certification will automatically expire 4 years from the original certification date.